[Python-Dev] test_minidom non-failure failure? (take 2)

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 16:21:39 -0500

> The question, then, is what to do about the -l option.  I assume we
> should remove the -l option from the Makefile, so that "make test"
> doesn't turn on DEBUG_SAVEALL.

This seems to make sense, yes.  Since the "leaked" objects that are
found will be released by the GC code, I see no point in reporting
these during the regression test.  This can only confuse people (like
it did Jeremy :-).

> Or do we need to change regrtest in
> some way so that it still reports on tests that create evil things?

Any form of evilness that can be detected without *too* much effort is
worth it...  I have no idea what kind of evil we're looking for here
or how to detect is, so I can't answer yes or no.