[Python-Dev] can't build with threads on OSF/1

Charles G Waldman cgw@fnal.gov
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 10:18:23 -0500 (CDT)

Sorry, I don't have time to investigate this fully right now.  Maybe
this weekend.  For now this is just a heads-up.  Hopefully, something
is just misconfigured on this system.

The machine in question is running OSF1 V4.0 878 alpha

I can only build Python from current CVS sources on OSF/1 if I specify
--without-thread.   If I don't specify this I get the following errors
at link time:

I tried sending a message with the output of ./configure and make
attached, but it was over the 40K limit.  If anybody wants to see
these, email me.