[Python-Dev] RE: Possible bug (was Re: numpy, overflow, inf, ieee, and rich comparison)

Fri, 13 Oct 2000 14:39:42 -0500 (CDT)

    Tim> None of those were reliable across platforms before, and I'm afraid
    Tim> there's strong reason to suspect one or more still won't work right
    Tim> under Mandrake Linux when Python is compiled with -O (this based on
    Tim> the output of a C program someone posted to c.l.py yesterday).  But
    Tim> it's a world better than it used to be.

After executing

    cvs update -d .
    ./configure
    make clean
    make OPT=-O3

I get the following output from regrtest.py regarding test_math:

    % ./python Lib/test/regrtest.py test_math
    test_math
    1 test OK.

This is on a Mandrake 7.1 system.  Here are the bits I think are relevant to
identify my environment:

    % cat /etc/issue.net
    Linux Mandrake release 7.1 (helium)
    Kernel 2.2.16-9mdk on an i686
    % gcc -v
    Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-mandrake-linux/2.95.3/specs
    gcc version 2.95.3 19991030 (prerelease)
    % rpm -q -a | egrep glibc
    glibc-devel-2.1.3-15mdk
    compat-glibc-5.3-2.0.7.6mdk
    glibc-2.1.3-15mdk

If you have a C test program you'd like me to try, shoot it over.  I'll be
glad to run it and shoot back the results.

Skip