[Python-Dev] build problems large and small on FreeBSD

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 09:06:00 -0500

> The FreeBSD ports collection had to be updated to support
> importing C++ extensions with Python 1.5.2. (You get things
> like cout not defined when importing).
>
> Are the nessesary compile/link changes in 2.0?

Tell you what: I have no idea. :-(

I believe there were some changes to the Makefile and/or config file
to support C++, but I don't know if this works on FreeBSD.  I'm not a
big C++ user myself, so I rarely try this...

Can you try it?  If it doesn't work out of the box, let's sit down
together and figure out a fix.