[Python-Dev] 2.0 articles

Thu, 19 Oct 2000 13:32:08 -0400

On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 12:53:31PM -0400, Greg Wilson wrote:
>"Doctor Dobb's Journal" would be very interested in articles --- 3000 words
>(plus or minus), plus some code examples and diagrams.

I was thinking more about on-line places such as
oreillynet.com/python/, but DDJ would be better still.

>The garbage collector: Java and Ruby both score points by having full garbage
>collection, so its availability in Python 2.0 (along with a discussion of the
>things that might break or change as a result) would be very interesting.

Arising out of lunch-time discussion, a comparison of how different
FFIs (Lisp, Java, Smalltalk, others?) deal with garbage collection
would be interesting, though perhaps unsuitable for DDJ, since the
topic is a rather unfocused one.

--amk