[Python-Dev] Re: ajuba acquired by interwoven

Mon, 23 Oct 2000 17:26:18 -0400

Some details begin to emerge at

It looks like some of their proprietary code will be released as open
source, possibly including the TclPro development environment.  The
new company will not be funding Tcl/Tk development, and instead it's
up to the 14 members of the recently-formed Tcl core team.  I don't
know if any of those people are being paid to work on Tcl, but
probably at least some of them are.  I expect this will cause a good
deal disruption, perhaps even a fatal amount, particularly if core
developers such as Jeffrey Hobbs no longer work on Tcl full-time.