[Python-Dev] A small step to removing the type/class split

Greg Ewing greg@cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 14:14:52 +1300 (NZDT)

Neil Schemenauer <nas@arctrix.com>:

> Those PyInstance_Check() calls should really go away. Instead, the
> type should be responsible for providing different behavior.

Yes, that's the crux of the problem, I think.

Another place where this is a nuisance is where it
assumes that if x has any tp_as_sequence slots and y
has any tp_as_number slots, then x*y is a sequence
replication operation.