[Python-Dev] Miscellaneous comments on Tkinter and related matters

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 11:18:16 -0700

Charles G Waldman wrote:

> What is the impact of the fact that MacOS X will run X?  Doesn't this
> open the door to a lot of new possibilities, at least if we don't need
> to support Mac OS[6-9].  Or is the installed base of MacOS[6-9] just
> way too big to even think about dropping (or deprecating) support for
> it?

Would Mac users go for: "first install X. Then you can run Python."

Simplicity does not precede complexity, but follows it.
	- http://www.cs.yale.edu/homes/perlis-alan/quotes.html