[Python-Dev] What to choose to replace Tkinter?

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 14:14:57 -0500

>  > Why not?  Because if every app using Tcl/Tk did that there would be
>  > hundreds of copies of Tcl/Tk on your disk?  I don't think that
>  > argument flies; only a few other major languages use Tcl/Tk this was,
>
> So should every application written in Python install it's own copy
> of Python, since there may be unexpected incompatibilities between
> versions?

Of course not, but large and important ones may.  Some already do,
e.g. Alice, Zope, Ultraseek.  I have no problem with this.  (The
saving grace is that none of these needs to recursively include
Tcl. :-)