[Python-Dev] Miscellaneous comments on Tkinter and related matters

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 11:27:33 -0700

Charles G Waldman wrote:

> I should probably just shut up, because I really don't know enough
> about Mac OS X, but what I was wondering is whether OS X will actually
> *use* the X Window System.  Of course we don't want to tell users that
> they have to go install X on their own.

And become just another Unix? Then how would they get people to pay the
Macintosh usability premium?

Seriously, maybe someday as a "Linux compatibility mode" but I don't
think it is officially proposed.

Simplicity does not precede complexity, but follows it.
	- http://www.cs.yale.edu/homes/perlis-alan/quotes.html