Integer division revisited (was Re: [Python-Dev] Gradual migration)

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 11:30:34 -0700

Peter Funk wrote:

> ..
>
> Bruce Sherwood and David Scherer suggested a IMHO very clever solution to
> this particular problem in March/April this year.  This thread was first
> posted to idle-dev and afterwards X-posted to python-dev:
>
> http://www.python.org/pipermail/idle-dev/2000-April/000138.html
> http://www.python.org/pipermail/idle-dev/2000-April/000140.html
> http://www.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2000-April/010029.html

Tim's last message on it doesn't sound overwhelmingly positiive to me!
Also, don't forget that Python is also a command line so "version
pragmas" cause additional complexity there.

--
 Paul Prescod
Simplicity does not precede complexity, but follows it.