[Python-Dev] What to choose to replace Tkinter?

James C. Ahlstrom jim@interet.com
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 15:34:03 -0400

Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> jim wrote:
> > Sorry to be such an old fuddy-duddy, but you will
> > get the same reaction from most commercial software
> > vendors.  Make that nearly ALL vendors.
>
> what reaction?
>
> are you saying that your own installer can install the
> Python DLL but not the Tk DLL?

Not exactly.  I am saying I don't want to use the standard
Python Windows installer.  And I am saying I don't want to install
Tk because it is big, complicated, and requires Tcl and its libraries.

My installer does install the Python DLL python15.dll, so
I guess I could study how to install Tk and duplicate the
functionality of the Windows installer, and install Tk too.
But why would I want to?

JimA