[Python-Dev] What to choose to replace Tkinter?

James C. Ahlstrom jim@interet.com
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 15:38:40 -0400

Greg Ward wrote:

> This is generally considered Bad Form by usability types.  I think it
> boils down to this: the computer is not the real world, and trying to
> emulate the real world on the computer is cutesy but a dead end.

I agree up to a point, and my own app doesn't use doors.

But kids like this kind of design, have no trouble
understanding it, and people wouldn't write this if
they didn't think it would sell.

I just meant that people have a larger tolerance for
non-Microsoft GUI design ideas than I thought up to now.

JimA