[Python-Dev] stack check on Unix: any suggestions?

Sat, 2 Sep 2000 15:37:54 -0500 (CDT)

    >> % ulimit -a
    >> stack size (kbytes)         unlimited
    >> % ./python Misc/find_recursionlimit.py
    >> Limit of 2400 is fine
    >> repr
    >> Segmentation fault

    Charles> This means that you're not hitting the rlimit at all but
    Charles> getting a real segfault!  Time to do setrlimit -c unlimited and
    Charles> break out GDB, I'd say.

Running the program under gdb does no good.  It segfaults and winds up with
a corrupt stack as far as the debugger is concerned.  For some reason bash
won't let me set a core file size != 0 either:

    % ulimit -c
    0
    % ulimit -c unlimited
    % ulimit -c
    0

though I doubt letting the program dump core would be any better
debugging-wise than just running the interpreter under gdb's control.

Kinda weird.

Skip