[Python-Dev] stack check on Unix: any suggestions?

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Sun, 3 Sep 2000 09:44:51 +0200

On Sat, Sep 02, 2000 at 07:52:33PM -0500, Charles G Waldman wrote:

> This looks like more ammo for Guido's theory that there's something
> wrong with libpthread on linux, and right now I'm elbows-deep in the
> guts of libpthread trying to find out more.  Fun little project for a
> Saturday night ;-)

I concur that it's probably not Python-related, even if it's probably
Python-triggered (and possibly Python-induced, because of some setting or
other) -- but I think it would be very nice to work around it! And we have
roughly the same recursion limit for BSDI with a 2Mbyte stack limit, so lets
not adjust that guestimate just yet.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>