[Python-Dev] SF checkin policies

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 16:04:13 +0200

> What are the checkin policies to the sourceforge
> CVS repository?

    Use good sense when committing changes.  You should know what we
    mean by good sense or we wouldn't have given you commit privileges
    <0.5 wink>.

    Any significant new feature must be described in a PEP and
    approved before it is checked in.

    Any significant code addition, such as a new module or large
    patch, must include test cases for the regression test and
    documentation.  A patch should not be checked in until the tests
    and documentation are ready.

    It is not acceptable for any checked in code to cause the
    regression test to fail.  If a checkin causes a failure, it must
    be fixed within 24 hours or it will be backed out.