[Python-Dev] Re: DEBUG_SAVEALL feature for gc not in 2.0b1?

Vladimir Marangozov Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 14:24:49 +0200 (CEST)

Skip Montanaro wrote:

>     Vlad> Skip Montanaro wrote:
>     >>
>     >> If I read my (patched) version of gcmodule.c correctly, with the
>     >> gc.DEBUG_SAVEALL bit set, gc.garbage *does* acquire all garbage, not
>     >> just the stuff with __del__ methods.
>
>     Vlad> Yes. And you don't know which objects are collectable and which
>     Vlad> ones are not by this collector. That is, SAVEALL transforms the
>     Vlad> collector in a cycle detector.
>
> Which is precisely what I want.

All right! Since I haven't seen any votes, here's a +1. I'm willing
to handle Neil's patch at SF and let it in after some minor cleanup
that we'll discuss on the patch manager.

Any objections or other opinions on this?

--
       Vladimir MARANGOZOV          | Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr