[Python-Dev] Challenge about print >> None

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 17:28:25 -0400

[Paul Prescod]
> All of the little hacks and special cases add up.

Yes, they add up to a wonderful language <0.9 wink>.

> In the face of all of this confusion the safest thing would be to make
> print >> None illegal and then figure it out for Python 2.1.

There's no confusion in Guido's mind, though.

Well, not on this.  I'll tell you he's *real* confused about xml, though:
we're getting reports that the 2.0b1 version of the xml package is unusably
buggy.  If *that* doesn't get fixed, xml will get tossed out of 2.0final.
Fred Drake has volunteered to see what he can do about that, but it's
unclear whether he can make enough time to pursue it.