[Python-Dev] How do you want bugs reported against 2.0 beta?

Guido van Rossum guido@beopen.com
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 18:51:26 -0500

> At the risk of having my head bitten off again...

Don't worry, it's only a virtual bite... :-)

> Why don't you tell people how to report bugs in python on the web site
> or the documentation?
>
> I'd expect this info in the docs and on the web site for python.

In the README file:

    Bug reports

    To report or search for bugs, please use the Python Bug
    Tracker at http://sourceforge.net/bugs/?group_id=5470.

But I agree that nobody reads the README file any more.  So yes, it
should be added to the website.  I don't think it belongs in the
documentation pack, although Fred may disagree (where should it be
added?).

--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://www.pythonlabs.com/~guido/)