[Python-Dev] forwarded message from noreply@sourceforge.net

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@beopen.com
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 20:02:22 -0400 (EDT)

--3QcuDQyffX

For those of you who may not have received this message, please be
aware that SourceForge will have scheduled downtime this Friday night
until Saturday morning.

-Barry

--3QcuDQyffX

From: noreply@sourceforge.net
To: noreply@sourceforge.net
Subject: SourceForge:  Important Site News
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 19:58:47 -0700
X-From_: noreply@sourceforge.net Tue Sep 12 20:01:43 2000

Dear SourceForge User,

As the Director of SourceForge, I want to thank you in making
SourceForge the most successful Open Source Development Site in the
World.  We just surpassed 60,000 registered users and 8,800 open
source projects.

We have a lot of exciting things planned for SourceForge in the coming
months.  These include faster servers, improved connectivity, mirrored
servers, and the addition of more hardware platforms to our compile
farm (including Sparc, PowerPC, Alpha, and more).

Did I mention additional storage?  The new servers that we will be
adding to the site will increase the total storage on SourceForge by
an additional 6 terabytes.

In 10 days we will begin the first phase of our new hardware build
out. This phase involves moving the primary site to our new location
in Fremont, California.  This move will take place on Friday night
(Sept 22nd) at 10pm and continue to 8am Saturday morning (Pacific
Standard Time).  During this time the site will be off-line as we
make the physical change.

I know many of you use Sourceforge as your primary development
environment, so I want to apologize in advance for the inconvenience
of this downtime.   If you have any concerns about this, please feel
free to email me.

I will write you again as this date nears, with a reminder and an
update.

Thank you again for using SourceForge.net

--
Patrick McGovern
Director of SourceForge.net

This email was sent from sourceforge.net. To change your email receipt
preferences, please visit the site and edit your account via the
"Account Maintenance" link.

Direct any questions to admin@sourceforge.net, or reply to this email.

--3QcuDQyffX--