[Python-Dev] installer difficulties

Guido van Rossum guido@beopen.com
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 16:58:53 -0500

>   e65aac55368b823e1c0bc30c0a5bc4dd2da2adb4
>
> Someone else care to try this?  I tried it both on the original installer I
> uploaded to BeOpen, and on the copy I downloaded back from the pythonlabs
> download page right after Fred updated it.  At this point I don't know
> whether BeOpen's disk is corrupted, or Greg's, or sha has a bug, or ...

I just downloaded it again and tried your code, and got the same value
as Greg!  I also get Greg's error on Windows with the newly downloaded
version.

Conclusion: the new Zope-ified site layout has a corrupt file.

I'll try to get in touch with the BeOpen web developers right away!

--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://www.pythonlabs.com/~guido/)