[Python-Dev] last second patches (was: regarding the Python Developer posting...)

Fredrik Lundh Fredrik Lundh" <effbot@telia.com
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 20:08:22 +0200

mal wrote:
> Any chance of taking a look at it first ?

same as unicodedatabase.c, just other data.

> (BTW, what happened to the usual post to SF, review, then
> checkin cycle ?)

two problems: SF cannot handle patches larger than 500k.
and we're in ship mode...

> The C type checks are a little performance sensitive since they
> are used on a char by char basis in the C implementation of
> .upper(), etc. -- do the new methods give the same performance ?

well, they're about 40% faster on my box.  ymmv, of course.

</F>