[Python-Dev] Python 2.0 beta 2 pre-release

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 15:59:34 -0400

[Jeremy Hylton]
> We have tar balls and RPMs available on our private FTP site,
> python.beopen.com.

I think he meant to add under /pub/tmp/.  In any case, that's where the
2.0b2 Windows installer is now:

    BeOpen-Python-2.0b2.exe
    5,667,334 bytes
    SHA digest:  4ec69734d9931f5b83b391b2a9606c2d4e793428

> If you have a chance to test these on your platform in the next
> couple of hours, feedback would be appreciated.  We've tested on
> FreeBSD and RH and Mandrake Linux.

Would also be cool if at least one person other than me tried the Windows
installer.  I usually pick on Guido for this (just as he used to pick on
me), but, alas, he's somewhere in transit mid-continent.

executives!-ly y'rs  - tim