[Python-Dev] Python 2.0 beta 2 pre-release

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@beopen.com
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 16:05:44 -0400 (EDT)

  FL> jeremy wrote:
  >> We have tar balls and RPMs available on our private FTP site,
  >> python.beopen.com.  If you have a chance to test these on your
  >> platform in the next couple of hours, feedback would be
  >> appreciated.  We've tested on FreeBSD and RH and Mandrake Linux.

  FL> is the windows installer up to date?

No.  Tim has not done the Windows installer yet.  It's coming...

  FL> I just grabbed it, only to get a "corrupt installation detected"
  FL> message box (okay, I confess: I do have a PythonWare distro
  FL> installed, but may- be you could use a slightly more polite
  FL> message? ;-)

Did you grab the 2.0b1 exe?  I would not be surprised if the one in
/pub/tmp did not work.  It's probably an old pre-release version of
the beta 1 Windows installer.

Jeremy