[Python-Dev] Python 2.0 beta 2 pre-release

Fredrik Lundh Fredrik Lundh" <effbot@telia.com
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 23:30:09 +0200

tim wrote,
> > fwiw, rebooting didn't help.

> So let's start playing bug report:

oh, I've figured it out (what did you expect ;-). read on.

> Which version of Windows?

Windows 95 OSR 2.

> By what means did you attempt to start IDLE?

> What does "refuses to start" mean (error msg, system freeze,
> hourglass that never goes away, pops up & vanishes, nothing
> visible happens at all, ...)?

idle never appears.

> Does Tkinter._test() work from a DOS-box Python?

yes -- but it hangs if I close it with the "x" button (same
problem as I've reported earlier).

> Do you have magical Tcl/Tk envars set for your own
> development work?

bingo!

(a global PYTHONPATH setting also resulted in some interesting
behaviour... on my wishlist for 2.1: an option telling Python to
ignore all PYTHON* environment variables...)

</F>