[Python-Dev] Python 2.0 beta 2 pre-release
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 14:13:01 +0200
Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> tim wrote:
> > > test test_unicodedata failed -- Writing:
> > > 'e052289ecef97fc89c794cf663cb74a64631d34e', expected:
> > > 'b88684df19fca8c3d0ab31f040dd8de89f7836fe'
> > The problem appears to be that the test uses the secret "unicode-internal"
> > encoding, which is dependent upon the big/little-endianess of your
> my fault -- when I saw that, I asked myself "why the heck doesn't mal
> just use repr, like I did?" and decided that he used "unicode-escape"
> was make to sure the test didn't break if the repr encoding changed.
> too bad my brain didn't trust my eyes...
repr() would have been a bad choice since the past has shown
that repr() does change. I completely forgot about the endianness
which affects the hash value.
> > I can reproduce your flawed hash exactly on my platform by replacing this
> > line:
> > h.update(u''.join(data).encode('unicode-internal'))
> I suggest replacing "unicode-internal" with "utf-8" (which is as canonical
> anything can be...)
I think UTF-8 will bring about problems with surrogates (that's
why I used the unicode-internal codec). I haven't checked this
though... I'll fix this ASAP.
Python Pages: http://www.lemburg.com/python/