[Python-Dev] Python 2.0 beta 2 pre-release

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@beopen.com
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 22:57:46 -0400 (EDT)

Jeremy Hylton writes:
 > We'll have to be a lot more careful about the 2.0 final release.  PEP
 > 200 has a tenative ship date of Oct. 10.  We should probably have a
 > code freeze on Oct. 6 and leave the weekend and Monday for verifying
 > that there are no build problems on little- and big-endian platforms.

  And hopefully we'll have a SPARC machine available before then, but
the timeframe is uncertain.

Mark Favas writes:
 > ... and 64-bit platforms (or those where sizeof(long) != sizeof(int) !=
 > 4) <grin> - a change yesterday to md5.h caused a compilation failure.

  I just checked in a patch based on Tim's comment on this; please
test this on your machine if you can.  Thanks!

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at beopen.com>
BeOpen PythonLabs Team Member