[Python-Dev] Test cases for asynchat, asyncore?

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Fri, 06 Apr 2001 12:52:16 -0500

> I haven't used those modules myself, so don't know whether this request is
> reasonable:  could someone please whip up an at least minimal standard test
> case for these modules?  So long as it runs on at least one of {Windows,
> Linux}, we'd catch problems like this almost instantly.  As is, AFAICT we
> don't even import asynchat (the "import asynchat" line in test_sundry.py is
> commented out but no reason is given for that -- anyone know why?).

I just checked in a testcase for asynchat that also tests asyncore.

It works on Windows98se and Linux Red Hat 6.2, at least.  Enjoy!

I guess the line from test_sundry.py can now be deleted -- ditto for
the import of asyncore.