[Python-Dev] SocketServer and UserDict patches

Barry A. Warsaw barry@digicool.com
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 14:32:35 -0400

    JH> I with you, Guido.  The cgi model is complicated and widely
    JH> used.  That combination means that it would be easy for users
    JH> to get the impression that x['spam'] and x.get('spam') work
    JH> the way they do intentionally.  I'm not comfortable changing
    JH> the behavior of the model without a beta release.

I'd be reluctant to change the cgi module's behavior /at all/ at this
point.  As broken as cgi.py is (and it is pretty broken), I think
you'll break a lot of code by changing its quirky API.  Better to
design a new API and write a new module.

-Barry