[Python-Dev] SourceForge search-by-ID implemented

Neil Schemenauer nas@python.ca
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 14:08:55 -0700

Guido van Rossum wrote:
> I received the email below from the friendly folks at SourceForge --
> you can now search bugs and patches by number.  Cool!

Yah!  This reminds me of something the Debian bug tracking system
does that is really cool.  If you include the string "Fixes: #123"
in the changelog the bug system will notice and close the bug for
you.

I don't think SourceForge should implement this feature.
Instead, some ambitious person could write a script that watches
the CVS checkin list and interact with the sourceforge site.  The
script could also add a comment to the bug logging who fixed it
and the versions of the files changed.  That information is
probably useful when trying to bugfix release.

  Neil