[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: [Python-Dev] Import hook to do end-of-line conversion?

Steven D. Majewski sdm7g@Virginia.EDU
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 18:08:50 -0400 (EDT)

[ re: various remarks about layering on stdio ]

Has anybody looked at sfio ?

I used it long ago for other reasons -- for a while the distribution
seemed to have disappeared from att ( or maybe I just couldn't find
it on netlib ), but I just did a google search and found that there
is a new distribution: sfio2000:

http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/sfio/

I haven't looked at the package or the code for a LONG time & I
don't know how portable it is, but it has some nice features and
advantages -- if you're at the point of considering rewriting
stdio it might be worth looking at.

-- Steve Majewski