[Python-Dev] ANNOUNCE: A Python 2.1 release candidate!

Aahz Maruch aahz@rahul.net
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 07:39:48 -0700 (PDT)

Eric S. Raymond wrote:

> And, while the major reason I made Python 2.x a prerequisite for CML2
> was to shrink its footprint in the kernel tree, it was not absent from
> my mind that doing so would put salutary pressure on the Linux distros
> to upgrade to 2.x sooner than they might have otherwise.

Sounds good.  OTOH, due to the GPL issue with 2.0 itself, this will
likely require either 2.0.1 or 2.1; I'll have a small preference for
2.0.1 myself.  I've been holding off on the next round of PEP6 (bugfix
release process) until after the 2.1 release.
--
                      --- Aahz (@pobox.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6             http://www.rahul.net/aahz
Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het

I don't really mind a person having the last whine, but I do mind
someone else having the last self-righteous whine.