[Python-Dev] test_fcntl on Solaris 8

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 12:45:08 -0500

> In any case, the problem on the SF Solaris box could be one of two things: a
> hanging lock, in which case renaming/removing the testfile should fix it, or
> a communication problem between the Solaris box and the NFS server. The
> latter is pretty likely the case if the NFS server is Linux, which is pretty
> likely with Sourceforge. You can doublecheck by using a testfile on another
> filesystem, which isn't NFS-mounted (like /tmp.)

Thanks.  This makes me feel much better.  The test runs fine with a
test file on /tmp.  Removing the test file doesn't help at all, so I'm
guessing that the communication with the lock server is broken.

I'll remove it from my list of showstopper issues.  This list now
has test_locale on Irix, and the issue with SSL and EGD.  My
prediction: the locale problem on Irix is a platform bug, and I'll
remove the EGD patch altogether from socketmodule.c.