[Python-Dev] Python 2.1 PEPs

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 12:37:25 -0400

>   I   226  pep-0226.txt  Python 2.1 Release Schedule            Hylton
>
> This PEP should get a final pass (no need for "tentative"s any more!),
> marked as Final and moved to the Finished category.

Could we recycle this PEP number for the 2.1.1 release schedule (see
my previous post here)?  That seems easier than having a new PEP for
each micro-release.

>   S   227  pep-0227.txt  Statically Nested Scopes               Hylton
>
> Jeremy, please make sure this is up-to-date w.r.t. Python 2.1 Reality,
> then mark it as Final and I'll move it to the Finished category.

I have promised Jeremy a bunch of updates to this.  I'll get on it.

>   S   229  pep-0229.txt  Using Distutils to Build Python        Kuchling
>
> Andrew, same deal with this PEP...
>
>   S   233  pep-0233.txt  Python Online Help                     Prescod
>
> What is up with this PEP?  Progress on this seems to have stalled, so
> I propose marking it "Deferred" and moving it out of the active PEP
> category (to where, I'm not yet sure).

Superseded by pydoc, I imagine.  Working code beats ambitious plans
every time :-)