[Python-Dev] Python 2.1 PEPs

Paul Prescod paulp@ActiveState.com
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 09:58:43 -0700

"Barry A. Warsaw" wrote:

>   S   233  pep-0233.txt  Python Online Help                     Prescod
>
> What is up with this PEP?  Progress on this seems to have stalled, so
> I propose marking it "Deferred" and moving it out of the active PEP
> category (to where, I'm not yet sure).

Ping asked to take over the code because he wanted to do it with Pydoc.
He didn't do the online help part. I'm not sure if he thought I was
going to do that part or if he just didn't get to it. Either way, it is
less than a weekend's work to add pydoc to the interactive shell (and
thus make it "online help") so I can do it in the next few weeks.

--
Take a recipe. Leave a recipe.