[Python-Dev] tickling version numbers during release

Trent Mick trentm@ActiveState.com
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 07:53:26 -0700

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 03:24:20AM -0500, Skip Montanaro wrote:
> It seems like there is always a flurry of checkins associated with bumping
> version numbers whenever a release is impending.  Wouldn't it make sense to
> stuff the version number into a file somewhere then add a make target to the
> makefile to update the relevant files and check them into cvs?

Or preferably have the version number in only *one* place in one file in CVS
then (1) have autoconf massage template files to insert the version number
where needed or (2) have those files that need the version number *include*
it from pyac_config.h.

...except we are not using any auto configuration tool on Windows. Damn.

Trent

--
Trent Mick
TrentM@ActiveState.com