[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/dist/src/Doc/ref ref3.tex,1.64,1.65 ref5.tex,1.43,1.44

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@digicool.com
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 13:00:09 -0400 (EDT)

  GvR> Log Message: Implement, test and document "key in dict" and
  GvR> "key not in dict".

  GvR> I know some people don't like this -- if it's really
  GvR> controversial, I'll take it out again.  (If it's only Alex
  GvR> Martelli who doesn't like it, that doesn't count as "real
  GvR> controversial" though. :-)

I don't like it either, because it's only clear when it's spelled "for
key in dict".  It's pretty confusing when it's spelled "for val in
dict" or even "for x in dict".

But I'm willing to give it a try for a while.

Jeremy