[Python-Dev] linuxaudiodev

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 17:18:07 -0400 (EDT)

Guido van Rossum writes:
 > Sure.  Do you want to take the lead here?  Nobody at PythonLabs has
 > any interest in this, and without someone putting a stake into the
 > ground, there's no point in even talking about it.  It sounds you know
 > what you're talking about, and you have CVS permission, so if you want
 > to do it, go ahead.
 >
 > (For b/w compatibility we may have to keep the linuxaudio extension
 > around for a while, in a deprecated state.)

  Would it make sense to include a Python implementation that wraps
aronud whatever low-level modules are needed?  Or to use the same API
and just replace the implementation?
  I don't know enough about the potential replacements, but it would
be nice to maintain the availability of the API; it's been available
for several versions now.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>