[Python-Dev] Re: cgitb.py for Python 2.2

Simon Cozens simon@netthink.co.uk
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 15:01:09 -0700

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 10:06:27PM -0400, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> I strongly agree with Ping on this.  My experience is that CGI is an
> extremely important application category for Python, and one worth
> significant effort to serve.

I also strongly agree. CGI's one application that draws a lot of people
into programming, and many of them for the first time - you get a lot of
web designers and the like wanting to go a bit further, and it'd be
nice to get them into the good kind of snake (Python) instead of the
bad kind of snake. (ASP)

Damn, I'm a traitor to my own language.

Simon