[Python-Dev] Proposed new module for the Python library

Greg Ewing greg@cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Fri, 03 Aug 2001 16:14:07 +1200 (NZST)

"Eric S. Raymond" <esr@thyrsus.com>

> The existing code in the fileinput module is intended to treat a
> sequence of files as one continuous input source.  My module is
> designed to iterate over files, transforming each one to a
> corresponsing named output file.

Still, they sound similar enough that the functionality
should perhaps be merged into one module, with options
for getting "concatenated" or "separate" input files.