[Python-Dev] Zope porting to jython

Samuele Pedroni pedroni@inf.ethz.ch
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 17:09:37 +0200

Hi,

from some recent messages on the jython lists it seems that different
people/groups are starting to work
on recreating some of the necessary software components in order to port Zope
or a create a
similar compatible framework on top of Java/Jython.

Here's a link to latest related thread:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/Jython-dev/712337

Jeremy has already chimed in,

my personal position is to help them as all other jython users, fixing
incompatibilities with CPython and
answering to questions. Nothing special. I can imagine that one of the big
problem could be restricted execution (if Zope uses that), admitted that any C
code functionality can be rewritten in Java.

If the PythonLabs have an "official" position/opinion on this and in particular
on the last quite speculative
message (from Joseph Grace) in the thread, they may post something. I can say
something about technical aspects,
but I don't feel that I should channel/or invent PythonLabs opinions.

regards, Samuele Pedroni.