[Python-Dev] Free threading

Aahz Maruch aahz@rahul.net
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 15:23:17 -0700 (PDT)

Martin v. Loewis wrote:
>Guido:
>>
>> All of the above.  Otherwise, *every* API would have to carry an
>> "interp" argument around (as does Tcl/Tk).
>
> Not necessarily. The interp argument could be stored in thread-local
> storage. Of course, using TLS opens another can of worms.

We need thread-local storage, anyway.  When I'm a little farther into my
work on Decimal, I'm going to take a hard look at this because context
needs to be global on a per-thread basis...
--
                      --- Aahz (@pobox.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6       <*>       http://www.rahul.net/aahz/

I don't really mind a person having the last whine, but I do mind someone
else having the last self-righteous whine.