[Python-Dev] Any objections to adding threading.Timer?

Aahz Maruch aahz@rahul.net
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 09:33:27 -0700 (PDT)

Martin v. Loewis wrote:

> In patch
>
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=428326&group_id=5470&atid=305470
>
> a new threading.Timer class is proposed. Since the patch was submitted
> two months ago, nobody seemed to care enough to comment on it. I like
> it, and I'll commit the patch unless I hear otherwise.

I'm not objecting, precisely, but I have an allergic reaction to the way
timed Event() works, even though there's really no other way to work it.
I think that encouraging people to use it is a Bad Idea.
--
                      --- Aahz (@pobox.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6       <*>       http://www.rahul.net/aahz/

I don't really mind a person having the last whine, but I do mind someone
else having the last self-righteous whine.