[Python-Dev] RE: Somebody stopped running tests?

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 19:17:38 -0400

[Tim said]
> Over the last 12 hours, 4 tests started failing on Windows:
>
>     4 tests failed: test_descr test_future test_generators test_scope
>
> Would someone on Linux please confirm or deny it's not unique to
> Windows?  I don't want to spend a lot of time tracking these down
> if the responsible parties see them on their boxes too.

But only in release mode.  In a debug build, these pass.  This strongly
suggests a change "somewhere" that accidentally relies on an uninitialized
value.  Under the release build, I get oodles of bogus warnings related to
scope, like

../lib/test/test_scope.py:401: SyntaxWarning:
    local name 'x' in 'f1' shadows use of 'x' as global in nested
    scope 'f2'

so best guess is it's Jeremy's recent future-flag fiddling patches.