[Python-Dev] More bugs in 2.2a1

Mon, 13 Aug 2001 10:01:17 -0400

On Sat, Aug 11, 2001 at 04:17:39PM -0400, Neal Norwitz wrote:
>Here's more warnings from pychecker.  There are a lot from plat-irix6 &
>plat-unixware7, not sure if those are real problems or not.

The plat-* problems all seem to be macros converted from C to Python.
if a user ever calls them, they'll only get a NameError for their
trouble, but since no one is likely to call them, this can probably
just be ignored.

I've checked in fixes for the actual bugs reported in the other
modules; thanks!  The only one I haven't done is the following one;
there's definitely at least one bug here (item #2), but I don't know
Tk well enough to fix it.

>lib-tk:
>    Tix.py:81: self is not first method argument
>    Tix.py:331: No global (value) found

--amk