[Python-Dev] 2.2a1 patch from PyChecker

Mon, 13 Aug 2001 15:22:39 -0400

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 03:18:28PM -0400, Neal Norwitz wrote:
>So it seems to me the setlocale in the except clause (which is the one
>that should have been deleted), will always be replaced with one outside
>try/except.  Am I missing something or has the code changed?

There's a sneaky bit where the code does '_setlocale = setlocale', and
the second setlocale() definition uses _setlocale.  So PyChecker is
correct in reporting that setlocale() is being redefined, but this
can't be removed without more extensive changes.  I'd leave that
decision up to the maintainer of locale.py.

--amk