[Docstring-develop] Re: [Python-Dev] Re: AST mining (was Re: Direction of PyChecker)

Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) tony@lsl.co.uk
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 16:31:29 +0100

Hmm. Is everyone on that list of recipients really interested?

Anyway, I've spent a happy time (when I should have been earning money -
oh well) expanding Jeremy's example, ast-mining.py, to do more things.
I've done all of the easy stuff first (makes sense to me). Anyway, it
now reports on a lot more stuff, and is probably already useful enough
to be "plugged in" to initial DPS/reST usages.

Rather than make this message even longer, I've put it at:

	http://www.tibsnjoan.co.uk/reST/ast-mining.py

I've been testing it by running it on itself.

Comments, as ever, welcome.

Tibs

"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive
continuity of ducks." - Dorothy L. Sayers, "Gaudy Night"