[Python-Dev] Re: Inline code in other languages

23 Aug 2001 10:41:14 +0200

* Barry A. Warsaw

| Slick indeed!  I don't see much that's beyond Python's grasp.  The
| syntax of course would be more Pythonic, [...]

Why not make it import C files, instead of putting them inline? I
guess you very often want to reuse the C functions in several
different places anyway, and you'd mostly want to have includes and
stuff as well.

This way you can also get rid of the MD5-ing and just use ordinary
modification times to figure out what needs to be recompiled.

You can't inline pieces smaller than functions anyway, and to me the
mix between Python and C code looks very ugly.

--Lars M.