[Python-Dev] copy, len and the like as 'object' methods?

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
24 Aug 2001 14:09:53 -0400

Paul Prescod <paulp@ActiveState.com> writes:

> Neil Bauman asked him why Perl wasn't being written in Perl (Neil's
> opinion is that Perl is literally the greatest language ever
> created).  Damian responded with a great quote: "Performance. If
> Performance wasn't an issue, I'd probably write Perl 6 in Python or
> something like it with wonderfully beautiful OO abstractions and it
> would run like a dog."

<chortle>
Tell them to use ocaml.
</chortle>

Cheers,
M.

--
  You have run into the classic Dmachine problem: your machine has
  become occupied by a malevolent spirit.  Replacing hardware or