[Python-Dev] PEP 264

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
24 Aug 2001 14:17:58 -0400

"Tim Peters" <tim.one@home.com> writes:

> [Michael Hudson]
> > I *think* I'm done coding for implementing PEP 264; patch at:
> >
> > http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=305470&aid=449043
> > &group_id=5470
> >
> > I've also done a first draft of docs.
> >
> > The reason for mentioning this is I'm off on holiday tomorrow, so if
> > you want changes before the proposed date for 2.2a2, you've got aobut
> > 12 hours to tell me about it.
>
> Thanks, Michael!  I was out sick yesterday, but intend to get on this
> tonight.  You should enjoy your vacation!  If it's a disaster, I'll probably
> villify you on python-dev, but will fix it anyway <wink>.

Thank you in turn for fixing all my cock-ups!

I'd just like to note in passing that I considered most of the places
the CO_* constants ended up in the last week, and rejected them as too
gross.  My idea was that

__future__.generators.compiler_flag

was to be the *only* (Python) name for CO_GENERATORS_ALLOWED (for
example).  Are there problems with this (other than the fact that you
have to make sure two sets of magic numbers match up - but you have to
edit __future__.py when you add a new future feature anyway...).

I should probably add some words to the PEP on this topic, anyway.

Cheers,
M.

--
  ... when all the programmes on all the channels actually were made
  by actors with cleft pallettes speaking lines by dyslexic writers